Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pulmonary Appointment Part I

So, I went to the pulmonology appointment yesterday and had an echo-cardiogram done as well as a bubble test. All the tests were basically to make sure my heart is healthy and could handle surgery. The technician who was performing the tests told me that "unofficially" my heart looked really good. That gave me a lot of relief, especially since I have the high BP thing, that always worries me that I will have a heart attack really young.

Having a heart attack is a scary thought, but at least I am being proactive and trying to do something about it. The last thing I want to worry about when we do have kids is if I am going to survive until their graduation or until they have kids.

I went to a support group meeting today and met a bunch of other people that already have the band. They had some good words of advise for me as well as showed me that having this surgery isn't the end of eating. I hope that by the time the next support group happens I have my surgery date. I have another pulmonary appointment next Friday and this is the last tests I have to do before I can get my surgery date. I am going to call Dr. Snyder's office next week to find out what I have to do after the last appointment.

It's my birthday today so now I am pretty much old. HAHAHAHA!! Ok, I will type more later on when I know more.

No comments: